A big thank you to Queenslanders for playing your part in the success of GC2018 through your travel behaviour!
Please note that although the Games have finished, the Gold Coast is still busy as visitors and athletes leave, and roads and parking return to normal.
- Most roads are now re-open across the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville. Note that some parking and access restrictions may still apply, for full details visit our road closures page.
- Public transport services have returned to normal, for schedules and further information visit translink.com.au.
- Waste collection services across the Gold Coast have returned to normal. Read more about City of Gold Coast services.
- Parkwood, Robina, Varsity Lakes and Sleeman Sports Complex Park ‘n’ Rides have re-opened for commuters, with other park ‘n’ rides due to re-open in the coming days.
- All Games Lanes are now deactivated and open to general traffic.
- The M1 speed reductions have been lifted. Please note that trucks over 4.5 tonnes are still restricted to using the two left lanes only on the M1 between Springwood and Robina.
- Ramp metering on the Gold Coast Highway (Exit 62) and Smith Street (Exit 66) southbound on-ramps has been deactivated. Read more about changes to the M1.